Home Image Map

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Wisdom for Wednesday - Holiness

Hi there! I hope you are enjoying your Wednesday.

 I have to admit I have been doing pretty good not thinking school. I am still reading blogs and pinning ideas I find (of course), but I haven't done anything school related since May 16th. 
Except if you count that parent phone call I had to make this morning...Oh and the curriculum I had to order so my building will be ready to implement Pathways to Reading next year. Oh and...
And they say teachers don't work over the summer...

Anyway, thanks for popping in for:


This one comes to us from a new Bible study book I'm reading. It's called Holiness: The Heart God Purifies by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. It has been a great read so far...really opening my eyes up to some things that I need to work on!



The real thing? The real holiness. It isn't what may first come to mind. It is not about being "holier than thou" or being perfect. I think Nancy describes the real thing pretty well:

"True holiness is the pathway to fullness of life and joy. To be holy is to be wholly satisfied with Christ. Above all, it is to reflect the beauty and the splendor of our holy Lord in this dark world. In pursuing holiness, you will fulfill and experience all that God had in mind when He created you."
Holiness by Nancy Leigh DeMoss, page 22

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
I Thessalonians 5:23-24

Something to think about...

Have a great rest of the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.