Home Image Map

Sunday, March 2, 2014

TPT Finds, Rainbow Editing and the BEST Folders

 
I had to get in on this fun linky over at Blog Hoppin' to show what I picked up at the TPT sale. I'm pretty excited about my finds. Unfortunately, as I'm checking out the linky I'm finding more things to put on my wish list! Ha!
 
So take a look:

 
Can you tell I'm thinking about taking the leap into interactive notebooks next year?
 
It's all because of these Grammar Flippers that I got this summer as a freebie from Teacher's Clubhouse. (I'm sorry, but I don't think they are a freebie--or for sale--anymore--can't seem to find them.) I've been using them all year long with our grammar skill for the week. We do them and the kids take them home never to be seen again...and that grammar skill (unfortunately) is forgotten or confused with the next thing... So I had this bright idea that next year, I could use them in an interactive notebook that the kids (and I) could refer back to as needed.
 
Anyway, these Interactive Science Journals (bundled) by Primary Graffiti have been on my list for awhile. I haven't had too much time to look them over yet, but I am so excited to use them next year!
 
The other one...2nd Grade Interactive Reading Notebook by Nicole Shelby seemed like the perfect choice to go along with my grammar notebooks. I'm planning to use them together in one notebook.
 
Okay, moving on to Listen Up! by Fluttering Through First Grade. I knew I wanted this as soon as I saw Christy and Tammy blog about it. My kids could definitely use some help in the area of listening skills! I'm going to try one (or two, or three, or four) next week. ;-)
 
And finally, Building Skills at Home Parent Handouts by Primary Junction. No need to wait for a sale on this one. It is only $1.00 regular price.
 
Now for a TPT find that I purchased awhile ago...
 
 
I finally got around to putting it to use and my only regret is that I didn't start sooner! We went through each color and looked through our most recent story as a whole class. Now I realize I should have had a story on chart paper and modeled it first, but I can definitely tell that it is going to help my kiddos check their over their own writing. And next week, I'll be modeling the rainbow edit on chart paper (duh, right?) as we go over it again.



 
One last thing...if you are looking for some folders that will hold up all year, you need to check out Nicky's Folders. The Teachers...Parents Communicator is perfect for a homework folder. I'm going to be using them in my GO Books next year. The intermediate school has been using them for years (since I was the secretary there). They are AMAZING!
 



2 comments:

  1. Ohmigosh, our first grade team bought Nicky's Folders this year with our PTA money! We use them for our Take-Home folders and they are AMAZING. They are a great company (based in my hometown of Rochester, NY, woot woot) and they will even send you a sample folder if you are thinking of buying but want to actually see/feel one. So cool!
    Colleen :-)
    Fun and Fearless in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Colleen. I'm glad someone else knows about these great folders and is using them. When I got hired on at this school (as a teacher and not the secretary), I don't know why I didn't think to order them. This year I have fought with cheap folders that fall apart. I CAN NOT wait to get my Nicky's Folders for next year. :-)

      Crystal

      Delete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.