Home Image Map

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Wisdom for Wednesday - Power of Prayer

Hello there! I hope you are having a wonderful week. I'm glad you stopped by for this week's Wisdom post. 


You may remember that I went through my Bible study, There's a Fly in my Tea (aff. link), with some ladies online this summer. It was a great opportunity for spiritual growth--especially for me. 

I found myself praying for those ladies and that study more than I had prayed over anything before. This need to pray was motivated by the weight of responsibility I felt for the ladies and the things that I was teaching them. I wanted to represent the Lord and His Word in a way that was pleasing to Him.

Believing in the power of prayer is what led me to share this quote with you today...



I wanted to take a minute to share something that a group of us have started at our school this year. We are calling ourselves the P.O.P. (Power of Prayer) group. Our group desires to joyfully share the love of Christ through prayer and small gestures of support for our staff this year. We kicked off the year by giving out cans of pop and letting the staff know who we are with a little note that said, "Pop, pop. Fizz, fizz. What a great team member you is." 

Each week, we have between 6-8 staff members that we are especially praying for and we will cycle through these names three times during the year. These names, along with a verse of the week, are posted and we encourage others to join in praying for them. This time around, we are giving out a bag of popcorn and letting them know we are praying for them. We have some other fun things planned for the year...many of which include inviting staff to "pop" in for a treat of some kind in the teacher's lounges. 

It has been fun to get involved in a positive group at our school this way, and I know that the focus on praying for our school and staff is changing me (just like the quote above says)! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.