Home Image Map

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Counting to 120!!

Last week, we worked a lot on counting, recognizing and writing our numbers to 120.  I'm hoping by the end of this next week, all of them will have it down.  

1.  We started by playing a little game of spot the number.  I used a number grid that went to 120 and called out a number and they had to color in the box.  Sorry, I didn't get any pictures of this one. 

2.  We practiced recognizing and finding numbers on a number grid by coloring a picture by numbers.  I found these neat color the number pages on TPT by First with Franklin.  The kids were so excited when they started to see the picture they were making (it was an apple tree).



3.  The next activity that we did, they kids were so amazed by it.  I copied a blank 120 chart from TPT by First with Franklin and had them write their numbers to 120 with white crayon and then use a marker to color over the numbers.  They couldn't see the numbers until they used their marker to color over it.  They thought this was cool....one of them told me that he wanted to do it every day.  :-)  
I did have them just do 1 row at a time and let me check it before they moved on to make sure they didn't get off on their numbers.  





4.  Another day we played race to 120 found at TPT from Stacy Romanjuk.  I partnered the kids up and they had to write a number and then pass it to their partner and they wrote the next number and passed it.  They did this until they got to 120.  



5.  Finally, we practiced the last day with ipads and used the game from ABCYA called Adventure Man and the Counting Quest.


Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.