Home Image Map

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Wisdom for Wednesday - Rest!

We're back!

I'm hoping you missed us!

Kristi and I had a business meeting--via text messages, oh, how you would laugh if you saw some of our conversations--and decided that this year we needed a real Christmas break. That meant a break from all things teaching, even our fun little blog.


Our little break should give you an idea of why I picked this week's Wisdom quote...
 

Yes, you've seen this one before. 
I apologize for that, but the Lord just brought this quote to mind and it is exactly what I needed to hear. I have to believe someone else needed this reminder as well.

I know I am not alone in taking on too many things at one time. Sometimes these things are necessary and cannot be helped. Sometimes we need to be more careful (and dare I say prayerful--why is that not our first response?) as to what we are agreeing to do. And sometimes the timing of things just makes us feel swamped.

Most of you know that I have been waiting for my Bible study to be published, and I'm excited to tell you that IT IS HERE
I had hoped my author copies would arrive over Christmas break to give me the needed time to work on getting orders and promotions completed, but…

Well, let's just say the timing has made me feel a little swamped.

But I refuse.

I refuse to be swamped with the cares of this life.

Instead, I will remember Matthew 11:28-30 and choose to rest.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

With that in mind, you'll notice a change in our blogging schedule this year. Instead of three posts a week, we plan to do two (one Wisdom post and one teaching post) to give us plenty of time to…well…rest!

I'm starting to think "rest" might be my one little word this year...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.