Home Image Map

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Wisdom for Wednesday-Being Offended



Welcome to this week's:


We had a sermon on Sunday about being offended.  I have to admit that I am a people pleaser and I take many things personally.  I often rehearse things over and over in my head and feel bad about things.  Hearing this was good for me because life is too short to be offended at little things.  Our preacher said that sometimes some of the bad responses we get from people are not always about us.  We need to stop being offended and ask ourselves, "I wonder what they are going through and how could I help them."  There are also those big offenses (betrayals, hurts) that are even harder to overcome at times.  With these big offenses I need to learn to forgive in the same way that I have been forgiven.  It doesn't change the past but it changes the future.  It is easy to say but hard to do, but some things you just have to Let it Go!

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.