Home Image Map

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Wisdom for Wednesday - Trust

Hi there!

I hope you're having a great week. I'm struggling a bit to get back in the swing of things…and so are my kiddos! WOW! So talkative and getting some of them back into routines...

WOW!

That's all I can say.

Well, that, and I'm a little worried about what my first week back after Christmas break will be like! Ha!

On to the reason you are here on a Wednesday...



Check out this quote from Oswald Chambers about Peter's walk on water:


Isn't that true? 

It is so easy for us to trust God in some areas of our lives, but "…then self-consideration enters in and down we go." 

Chambers (My Utmost for His Highest, June 18) writes about how if we are recognizing God for who He is, we can't help but trust Him. It is only when we focus on the circumstances around us that we become overwhelmed. 

And why should we? 

God doesn't panic! And neither should we!

We can trust Him with every aspect of our lives, not just some of them. Not just the easy things.

I love the way Chambers says it… "Let actual circumstances be what they may, keep recognizing Jesus, maintain complete reliance on Him."

I know, I know. Easier said than done. Why do you think I have to keep reminding myself? ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.