Home Image Map

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Learning about Bats!

This morning I took my dog outside and the next thing I know, she is in the yard messing with something.  I figured it was some kind of bug or maybe a toad.  So, I headed over toward her to stop her from messing with whatever it was and to my surprise it wasn't a bug or toad.  It was a bat!!  Yes, you heard me right.....a bat.  Now, I don't know a whole lot about bats, but I guess I had always assumed that they stayed in dark places like caves, not in someones yard.  My neighbor happened to be walking by and saw it.  I was informed that they live in trees as well and they eat the insects.  So, he graciously picked it up off the ground (with a stick of course) and placed it back in the tree.  Today, I learned a little more about bats!




You better go and check your trees and see if you have one of these creatures living there! 

 Have a great day!



2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! How lucky to see one up close. I hope the little guy was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was neat to see it up close. He was a baby so not sure if he fell out of the tree or what happened to him. Luckily he is doing good and remains in the tree. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.