Home Image Map

Friday, September 25, 2015

Take a Peek into 2nd!

Happy Friday!

I'm joining up with some of my second grade friends to "Take a Peek into 2nd" and hopefully introduce you to a new friendly face. We are planning to do this once a month for the next several months. Hopefully, when we're done you will have found some fantastic new teaching blogs to follow!


http://neatsweetandhardtobeat.blogspot.com/

Here's a little more information so you can really get to know Jackie:

I have been teaching for over 5 years in Fairfax County, Virginia!  I was born and raised here and attended FCPS schools myself.  Most of my experience is in the primary grades, but I will admit teaching 2nd grade is my favorite!  I love teaching! Creating engaging lessons is my passion.  I believe that learning should be hands-on, meaningful, engaging, and collaborative! We can't learn alone, we learn the most when we work with others! Believe me, my classroom sure isn't the quietest one on the hall because we are constantly up moving, learning and interacting!

Outside of school I am a wife to a wonderful guy and a mom to our new baby girl born in May of 2015! I love working out, spending time outside, and being with my family. 

I got the name for my blog because it is teachers that are neat, sweet and hard to beat! Teachers make this world go round! Teachers are the most caring, creative and kind people I know!
 
I just love how she came up with her blog name! :-)
 
Jackie's passion for cooperative learning is found in the products she carries in her TPT store. Check out this fun little mixer she uses to build classroom community. 
 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/This-or-That-Cards-1945313
 
It doubles as a great tool for persuasive writing. Students choose a card and then write why they would choose "this or that." 

Jackie has put this on sale for the weekend, so you can snag a copy for only $1.60! You can't beat that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.