Home Image Map

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Five for…Saturday!

Happy long weekend!

Or for some of you…happy last weekend before you head back to school! ;-)

It has been a crazy couple of weeks for me, so I was beyond excited when I realized I actually took more than enough pictures to link up for Five for Friday over at Doodle Bugs.


1

I had to start with this one because it made me laugh so hard...


I challenged the class to practice bucket filling, so we drew names. This little sweetie…well, let's just say the person she had was doing everything BUT working hard this week. ;-)

2

I'm sorry if pictures of feet gross you out, but only a teacher would understand this...


At some point while teaching 1st grade social studies, I hurt my toe. I have no idea what I did! I just remember it hurting.

I pressed on--afraid to lose my students' focus.

Kinders come to me right after that and I was reading them a story, thinking, "Ouch! My toe really hurts!"

I looked down to find it covered in blood.

Again, I pressed on, knowing the Kinders need no distractions from the teacher. Ha!

The Jamberry wrap was holding my nail together. Ugh! 
Whatever I did broke the nail about halfway down my toe. OUCH!

And the picture…well, I took it an hour later to send to my hubby. That's how long it was before I could get away to clean it up.

3



Ignore the janitor cart in the background, but I put our "Screech" (cheater words) words around the door so we could practice as we were lining up. Now I just have to remember to refer to them often!

4


Word Work!
We only have one more Daily 5 "station" to learn next week--Listen to Reading. 

Then I hope to start Daily 5 rounds the following week. I'm just not sure how it is going to go with this bunch I have this year…

I may not be able to do it where I meet with each group every day this year--the way I've done it in the past.

We'll see…

5

 Here's a couple of samples of our artwork from this week:




These color wheel umbrellas were inspired by a pin I found from Color It Like You Mean It.

Well, that's all I've got for now. Most of my other pictures were already shared on Instagram. You can follow me there by clicking the button in the upper right sidebar. 

Enjoy your long weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Poor toe! And I love your artwork. It's very clever and cute.

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.