Home Image Map

Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday Made-It - Mesh Wreath, Seasoning Mixes, and Chicken Flautas!!!

Good morning! I'm so excited to share the fun Kristi and I had at our Pinterest party last week! 

We invited some of our teaching buddies and tried some things we've seen on Pinterest. I thought linking up for Tara's Monday Made-It would be the perfect way to share the things we made! Check out her new buttons (if you haven't already) as you scroll along. Too cute!



First we got a little crafty and made some wreaths (inspired by this pin and tutorial):


It was a lot of fun (once I got past the perfectionist in me)! Here's how our wreaths came out:


Kristi is still going to paint her T, but other than that hers is complete. She is actually switching from frogs to owls in her classroom this year. I'm excited to see the cuteness she comes up with for her new room (a little envious...)!

And then there is mine...which was supposed to look Dr. Suess-ish. I need some more embellishments that we didn't have available. I'm hoping for something for like this:
This PIN just links to the picture so I have no idea who to give credit to...
When I get it finished, I will post another picture. Kristi insisted that I had to share mine even though it wasn't complete! ;-)


The next thing we did was make some seasoning mixes. I'm sorry I forgot to take pictures of this part! It was a mess, I can tell you that! Ha! Our recipes came from One Good Thing by Jillee. Everyone went home with S.O.S mix, taco seasoning, ranch seasoning, and onion soup mix. I can't wait to try them all out!

It was a little crazy and pricey getting enough spices for all of us...if you try this at a Pinterest party, I'd suggest maybe not making so many kinds of mixes. Even with everyone bringing a spice to share, we still had to get quite a few on our own.



Everyone also brought a Pinterest inspired dish to share. I made these baked chicken flautas from Spoon Fork Bacon. Yummy! I doubled the batch and had some for supper too. I would definitely make these again--would make a good lunch even when school starts up again!

There was a lot of great food (sorry I don't have all the pins and links)! We had watermelon cake, goat cheese grapes (delicious--who knew?), apple dumplings (made with mountain dew), Smores dip, garlic hummus and chips, layered chocolate chip cookie cheesecake, and a broccoli cauliflower cheese salad.

If you haven't tried a Pinterest party yet, I say go for it! We all had a great time! ;-) 

Have a blessed week! 



6 comments:

  1. I have not had the courage to try the mesh wreaths yet. But you give me encouragement. Hopefully I can try before summer is over. Looks like a successful party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun party. Pinterest is full of ideas that are party-perfect.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! I definitely want to do it again sometime!

      Crystal

      Delete
  3. Love the wreaths and that food looks yummy! Thanks for linking up;)
    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.