Home Image Map

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wisdom for Wednesday - Humility


Good morning!
 
Today I am taking my 14-year-old son to take his written driving test so that he can get a learner's permit. Ack! He will be a freshman in HIGH SCHOOL next year...and my daughter is just one year behind him. Where has the time gone???
 
While I thought of finding a Wisdom quote to reflect how I'm feeling about that, I couldn't ignore what the Lord has been teaching me this week.
 
So here we go...
 

 
I've been studying my way through Isaiah the last few weeks, and I have been struck by the references to God's judgement of pride. It has been a reminder to me that pride is really at the root of sin.
 
That thought took me to a study I did by Jim Berg called Changed into His Image where I found today's quote. I also found my own attempt at defining humility. Here's a peek:
 
Humility is simply acknowledging the truth of my position as (man) woman and yielding to God His place.
 
I've been reflecting on these thoughts all week (and realizing I have a bit of work to do in this area of humility)...praying it gives you something to think about as well.
 
Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
1 Peter 5:5
 


P.S. Don't forget to enter our Wise Decor $75.00 Giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.