Home Image Map

Friday, March 28, 2014

An Eventful Day!

We had quite an eventful day and I have to say that I am pretty tired right now!  The day started off with it being crazy hat/hair day.  The students in our school raised money for Jump for Heart and had a goal of $1,000, but they ended up raising more than $6,000.  Pretty Awesome!  So, they were allowed to do a crazy hat/hair day since they raised all this money.  Here are some of them today:


Some of it is hard to see in the picture, but we had spiked hair, several ponytails, hats, a bird in the hair, Easter eggs in hair.  As for me, well one of the wonderful kindergarten teachers helped me with my hair, she put some colorful string in it. 

The second eventful thing that occurred today was that it was the homework club luncheon.  My co-teacher came up with a great idea of the homework club and if the students do all of their each month, at the end of the month we all eat lunch together.  So today was the day and we all (total of 19 kids) came into the classroom and ate and talked.  They get very excited for this and had been asking about it all week.  One of my kiddos even said to me one day, "Homework club is so awesome and I am going to be in it all of first grade!"  :-)  (Sorry, I forgot to take pictures)

Finally, we had our extra fun thing today and had one of our parents come in and do a science experiment with the first graders.  It was really cool!  They put a skittle in warm water and watched the S float off the skittle and to the top.  All of them were saying that they were going to go home and show their parents this one.





Needless to say it was an eventful day and I am tired, but I am also very excited and will have to get some extra energy because if you haven't heard, Teachers Pay Teachers is have a Spring Cleaning Sale!  YAY!!  So , I will have to do some shopping and then get some rest.  Don't forget to go check their sale out!  All of our items will be 20% off as well on March 29-31.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Little-Miracles


Have a great weekend!




1 comment:

  1. Cool experiment! That's a new one for me. I'm pinning it!

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.