Home Image Map

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Back to Work!

Monday morning, we were back to work here. Spring Break was over - but we still had snow on the ground and cold temperatures. After the break, students are allowed to wear shorts again. Can you believe I had one kiddo wear shorts one day? It was 18 degrees that morning! He spent the day with his socks pulled up as high as they would go - LOL!
 
The kids were tired - and QUIET - on Monday.
 
Yesterday, they seemed to have forgotton our classroom rules and expectations.
 
Today was a little better...
 
However, as I have been checking work to see who will be doing "Thrilling Thursday" (no school Friday or it is called Fun Friday) with me, I'm a little disappointed to find that I haven't had very many hard workers this week. Too much time off, I guess. We will be having a talk tomorrow. :-(
 
Anyway, here is what we have been doing this week:




We have been working on the -or sound this week. Last year, Kristi made a Connect Four game for the -or sound that we could use to practice. It was so handy to pull it out and have a fun game for the kiddos to play. Best of all, it is a FREEBIE at our TPT store so go grab it for yourselves. :-)
 
Our reading story is STORMY WEATHER so we have been talking a lot about weather. The kids never run out of stories about storms. I especially enjoyed this one...
 
"My friend had his window open during a thunderstorm and lightening came through the window and he got struck by lightening."
 
Or this one...
 
"My grandma was watching TV once and lightening came in through the TV and electrocuted her."
 
Or...
 
"One time we were outside during a tornado and it just whirled and whirled and whirled around us, but we didn't get ate by it."
 
Ok...these AT&T commercials have been playing during the tournament. They are so funny. My hubby and kids laugh and laugh. I try to explain that this is the mentality that I deal with all day long. This one made me laugh the rest of the night!!! Check it out:



I'm super excited to watch some basketball this weekend - Go Jayhawks and Shockers! Maybe I'll get to see NICKY FLASH again too. :-)
 
Crystal

3 comments:

  1. Those commercials make me laugh too. They just can't be rehearsed. This is what kids do, huh?!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girls! I was searching out fellow Kansas bloggers on TPT and came across yours! I am your newest follower, and I can't wait to read your future posts.

    I hope you have time to check out my blog!
    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.