Home Image Map

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Solids vs. Liquids - What *Did* I Teach Them?

Coming back after having a substitute is sooooooo hard! I felt like in one day, my kids had completely forgot the rules of my classroom. It was exhausting...

Has anyone found the secret to motivate students to behave for a sub? Anyone ever came back to a "glowing" sub note and had your colleagues actually agree (because they know how your kids are supposed to act normally)?

Just curious...

This is my 3rd year teaching and I think I'm giving up on it...


As promised, here is the pictures of our Solids vs. Liquids Venn Diagrams. We did these last week. We thought it would be the perfect way to incorporate science into our reading skill for the week - compare and contrast.

I didn't get the chance to look them over until this weekend - and some of them had me laughing out loud. Take a look:

And solid can hurt you? Really? I don't think we ever talked about that one... Or eat a solid for that matter, but hey, they had drink a liquid on the other side so I'll give them that one. :-)

Good examples. I especially like the blood and spit...but giving examples of each was not part of the directions. :-)

This one was close - soooooo close. I appreciated that they remembered liquids flow. However, I spent a good five minutes demonstrating and discussing that solids were not always hard (even had them feel a towel and talk about its properties to prove my point). Hmmm... Wonder where these two kiddos were during that demonstration...

Just to prove that I did actually teach the differences between solids and liquids, I had to show this last one.

Hope you are having a good week! I'm hanging in there...

Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.