Home Image Map

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Crystal's Classroom Tour (Part II)

Okay, I'm back with more pictures of my progress. No more glue gun burns - Hooray! This is Part II - I'll post the last pictures when I'm all set up and ready to go for Back-to-School Night.



This is my Daily 5/CAFE (FACE) board. The kids will make their faces to add to the top part so that it will look like my Pinterest inspiration (see it here). I have to admit as I was putting it up, I was starting to get a little nervous. D5 and FACE are new to me and I'd be lying if I didn't say, I'm just a bit worried about how it will go. 

Kristi and I are going to be the Daily 5 "pioneers" in our building which is adding to my stress - Ha ha! Everyone seems very interested and they are waiting to see if blow it like it.

The D5 clip chart (or magnetic chart).

Class Promise - Pinterest inspired here.

Hallway - Plan to hang student work below. BTW, this is what I was working on when I got that nasty burn on my wrist! Shh...Don't tell.

Hallway BB - I am going to try and see if my husband can make a frame that I can decorate much like the "First Day of First Grade" ones I've been seeing all over, but mine would say MVP (or something). Then take the kiddos pictures and hang them here.


 And finally, the morning routine. I'm so excited about this! It is going to be such a time-saver this year. Obviously, I won't have them all up every day, but I just put them up there for now until I decide where I will keep them.

At the beginning of the year, my list will look something like this:

1. Hang up backpack
2. Choose lunch
3. Homework - Phonics
4. Name Ticket
5. Work folder
6. Choices

Eventually, I'll be able to leave off the ones that become automatic (i.e. hang up backpack and choose lunch) and list will change depending on morning work. It could look something like this:

1. Take out homework
2. Homework - Math
3. SP36
4. Work folder
5. Choices

I think I'm going to love grabbing these and slapping them on the board instead of writing it every day! By the way, you can grab this Morning Routine for FREE in our TPT store (if you haven't already)!

Okay, all this classroom work has kept me from checking out my favorite blogs! I hope to do some catching up today. :-)

Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.