Home Image Map

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Blast from the Past.....FUNNY!

So, I was going through my files and pictures and trying to organize them a little better.  I came across these pictures from 2012 and it made me laugh.  I laughed so hard that my stomach started to ache.  Not sure if Crystal will find it funny, but I remember that day we both laughed a lot about it.  Here are the pictures and after looking at the pictures, I will share the story behind it all.

Taking in deep breaths before her attempt to blow up her first balloon!




After 15 minutes LOL!  Here is what she had on her first balloon!



WOW!  2 hours later!!!  :-)



So here is the story behind it all:

We found this cool idea from Erin at First From Franklin.





We came up with a list of fun things to do each day, typed them up, printed it and stuck it in the balloon.  If the student didn't have to move his/her clip down throughout the day, then they got to participate in what it said in the balloon the next day.  The kids were so excited about popping a balloon every day and wanted to make sure that they were following our rules so that they could do whatever was inside the balloon.  The following is what we decided to put in our balloons:

May
9th – Gum-we gave them gum to chew all day long
10th – Sunglasses-this was the day that we went to the zoo for our field trip, so we gave them sunglasses to wear to the zoo
13th – ink pens-they will get to write with pens all day
14th – lunch in the room with the teacher
15th – extra recess
16th – move desks-they get to arrange the room the way they want to for the day
17th – mystery readers (other 1st grade class)-they get to read with the other 1st graders
20th – kickball-we will have a kickball game between the 2 classes
21st – nature walk-they will go outside and take a walk and do a scavenger hunt
22nd – Movie Day

The best part about all of this is that I learned something about Crystal this year when we did this activity.  We were in my room after school and started to blow up the balloons.  I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life.  Crystal doesn't know how to blow a balloon up.  Bless her heart, she tries but it doesn't work!  LOL!
I was sitting there blowing up balloon after balloon and realized that she couldn't do it.  She was trying with all her might and blowing, making noises and turning red.  :-)  Needless to say, by the time I had all of my 10 balloons blown up, she had her one balloon halfway blown up.  I had to blow the other 9 up for her.
We had a fun time blowing up balloons and we did have a good laugh about it at Crystal's expense (Thanks Crystal). 

Hope all of you have a great week!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.