Home Image Map

Sunday, April 8, 2018

OUCH PREDICTIONS!



Our phonics skill last week was ou/ow.  I found this cute activity on TPT called Ouch! What Happened to the Teacher?   It was a fun way to review the ou/ow sound and work on predictions.  I started it off by having my hand wrapped up in a bandage when the kids came into the room.  


I told the kids that they were going to work with partners and do some predicting to figure out what happened to me.  I gave the clues that were in the packet that I got and they gave predictions as to what happened to me.





We discussed their predictions and the sound ou/ow makes and then each one of them got a band aid.  They wrote ou/ow on their band aids and then put them on.  They had a good time posing for a picture with their sad/hurt faces to show off their ouchies!  



We finished up by practicing the ou/ow sound by playing the TPT games of connect four with ou/ow words.

Have a great upcoming week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.