Home Image Map

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Wisdom for Wednesday - It's Not All About Me!

I'm back! I'm back!

I've had a busy couple of weeks. First, traveling with the girls basketball team to team camp. Then leaving the next day for a week at Silver State Baptist Youth Camp in the Colorado Rockies with our youth group from church. This week is basketball camp for the littles in the morning and VBS in the evening! I'm feeling a little like summer will be over by the time I get to slow down, but I know that is not really true!

The good news is a week of being without the distractions of technology and hearing a lot of good Bible preaching gave me plenty of quotes to pick from for today's Wisdom for Wednesday.



Of course, I had to pick the one that "stung" me the most.
***Youth camp is not just for young people!***


One of the pastors did a series on "Teenagers Out-Of-Step With God" using Jacob and Esau as examples. No, Jacob and Esau were not teenagers when their story is told, but they do exhibit some characteristics that we can see in teenagers (and ourselves). 
Also, remember this is only part of the story. Jacob had his own issues--just not relevant to what I'm trying to share today!

One of the lessons was titled, "Why are teenagers so angry?" and focused on the anger we see from Esau in Genesis 27:34, 41-45. 
As we studied and looked back at verse thirty-one, we saw the words  'me' or 'my' 9 times. 

Esau was angry because he wasn't getting his way. 
Teenagers are often angry when they don't get their way. 
I get angry when I don't get my way!

Before you start thinking I am an 'all-the-time' angry person, let me explain. I had to evaluate when I get angry...and it is usually at work (school). You know...when I'm told we are going to do something a certain way...and I don't like it.

Often times, I am even right and my way would be better!
Or at least I think so...

The Lord convicted me about this attitude and made me realize that even if I think (or know) that my way would be better, it does not excuse my tendency to get angry.

When we get angry when things don't go our way, we are saying, "It's all about me!"

 But our attitude should be, "It's all about Him!" 

If it's all about Him, I'll determine to have the right heart and right response toward my administrators and/or coworkers even if I don't always agree with them.

Now...please tell me I'm not alone! 
This was difficult to admit... :-(



4 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. Nail on the head!I must admit you are not alone I am so guilty of this too especially at school. Glad you shared gives me a better way to manage my attitude. Thanks. Looking forward to your wisdom Wednesday's a nice mid week reminder to keep our focus on who and why we serve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found us--and took time to comment. It helps to know we are not alone in our struggle to live for the Lord! :-)

      Crystal

      Delete
  2. Good reminder. It's not about me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment. :-)

      Crystal

      Delete

Displaying pin-it-fix-1.txt.